While there are endless lists of meals on the delivery menu, take-outs can quickly drain your wallet. But, don’t sweat it… it’s possible to prepare mouth-watering homemade takeout meals that will save on time and money. This simple recipe for curry sauce is one of our charming tofu meal ideas for a lazy healthy dinner. If you’re considering a plant-based diet, sample our Authentic African plant-based recipes for more meal ideas.
For this flavorful tofu stew, all you need is to assemble a few basic ingredients. In a couple of minutes, you’ll be enjoying a takeout experience right at home.
Lazy Healthy Dinner
Raise your hand by commenting below if you love to eat but are a lazy foodie. I diagnosed my own wahala long ago and that is that I am a lazy foodie. Surprising right? Don’t be surprised because in acknowledging my issues, I devise systems and methods to eat delicious easy meals and still maintain relaxedness. That is what this meal is about. Pre-made sauces are good and I will show you how to optimize store-bought curry sauce.
This recipe was very easy to prepare and tasted ridiculously good. I was annoyed with myself why I did not make more.
However, after a tiring day or on a lazy night, the thought of cooking your own healthy meal can be daunting. Imagine it’s late in the evening, having to decide what to cook, only to find that your essential ingredient is missing.
As we save time and money, we wouldn’t want to compromise the taste. Therefore, here are 3 tips for making tasty homemade takeout meals easier and faster:
- Prepare a weekly menu or meal plan.
- Plan for grocery shopping probably once a week.
- Ensure you always stock your freezer and pantry.
If you have additional tips for making cooking easier and faster, please share them in the comments below. Let’s help each other out, yes?
Now let’s get cooking…
Flavor Galore Recipe for Curry Sauce
In another recipe, Best Egyptian-Lebanese Red Lentil Soup, I shared how cilantro can optimize and elevate flavors which is the case in this recipe. The creaminess from the pre-made red curry sauce plus minimal vegetables, along with cilantro adds impeccable flavors that are very satisfying. I used pasta but you can use rice or ancient grains or even eat it with bread. It is no secret that Humble Vege supports eating carbohydrates because it offers many vital benefits.
Once you’re on a healthy diet, the biggest challenge is sticking to it even on a hungry lazy day. You’ll be stunned by how quick and easy it is to cook this rich piquant sauce. Just like any other stew, tofu stew tastes even better days after cooking it. Having it sit in the fridge allows the flavors to mix bringing out that heavenly kick. This makes it suitable for meal prep and one of the best tofu meal ideas. Cook large portions of your favorite carbs, and pair them with this tofu stew. The result, hearty healthy homemade takeout meals for the entire week!
Now, tofu meal ideas come together in various forms. Moreover, it’s obvious that different ingredients bring out different flavors in a meal. As the main ingredient in this seasoned sauce, you can cook tofu in a variety of ways.
Whether you like it scrambled like this nutritious Hash Browns Tofu Scramble Recipe or fried, tofu is ideal for bringing out the perfect mix of flavors in a meal. If you’re one of those who find tofu bland, consider substituting it for another plant protein. Yet, you can try out this recipe for curry sauce before ruling out tofu altogether. You could also experiment with this simple Spiced Tofu Fried Rice Recipe. You might change your mind 🙂
What’s more, any Thai Red sauce elevates this sauce to one of the easiest zesty homemade takeout meals to make. And, it’s a one-pot meal, therefore perfect for a lazy healthy dinner.
Did you make this recipe? Please let us know how it turned out in the comments below.
- 1 block tofu (fried OPTIONAL)
- 2 TBS Sunflower seed oil
- 1 tsp ginger paste (OPTIONAL)
- Quarter Onion (chopped Big)
- 1 bottle Thai Red Sauce (13oz)
- 1.5 cups of mixed vegetables
- Cilantro garnish (OPTIONAL)
- Half lime
- Rice noodles OR over cooked rice
- To get us started in preparing our homemade takeout meal, place your cooking pan on medium heat.
- Use two tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil and heat it. I recommend avocado oil or another frying oil. Do not use olive oil to fry.
- With an option of ginger paste, use one tablespoon. This elevates the pre-made sauce.
- With well-washed onion, cut it a quarter into big slices or slice it how you like and place them into the hot oil. When the onions are fragrant and soft (not brown), add 1.5 cups of mixed vegetables and stir as they cook.
- As the mixed Vegetables cook feel free to add on a teaspoon of Soy sauce and if you don't have it, add a pinch of table salt.
- At this stage remember to sauté for 5 minutes maintaining medium heat while monitoring. and stir from bottom to the top.
- Taste for flavor and if there is not enough salt, add another 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- At this point add your fried seasoned block of tofu and stir to combine.
- Add the store-bought curry red sauce and bring the mixture to a boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat. Because the curry sauce is pre-made, we are only heating it up with the cooked vegetables. No need for it to cook longer than 2 minutes.
- Taste for salt and flavor. After you turned off the heat, let the stew rest for another two minutes; Squeeze half a lime into the meal, after that add your cilantro garnish. It should be ready to eat. Serve with pita, rice or noodles.
Kindly note that some of the ingredients in this recipe are purely optional. Depending on your taste feel free to substitute the optional ingredients to satisfy your needs. Also, choose the vegetables as you like.
Whatever you choose to cook this homemade takeout meal with, the end result should still be a Yummy Stew. Enjoy your lazy healthy dinner.