We all love quick, easy, healthy, and delicious food. Happy to present my homemade vegetable fried rice fill with wheat gluten protein to be one of your quick nutritious meals. Liberians call it Gbarney Quick Service. Understandably, Liberian fried rice is a mainstay of meal tables in Liberia’s homes and it can be one of the easy plant based recipes for beginners. This Plant-based seitan fried rice transforms brown rice into a tasty, nutritious dish.
Easy Plant based recipes for beginners
I think this is one of the easy plant-based recipes for beginners to follow. The magic lies in the ingredients used for this wheat gluten protein. Note, when you mix vegetables and brown rice, you are bound to get quick nutritious meals. Furthermore, the taste of homemade vegetable fried rice is notably flavorful because of the vegetables. Honestly, this other quick-service seitan (wheat gluten protein) fried rice is healthier and tastier than the take-out fried rice I used to order. I would definitely recommend this dish as easy plant based recipes for beginners
Indeed, I cherish this homemade vegetable fried rice versitility. Plus, it is a go to quick nutritious meal that is also one pot friendly. You can make it delicious with either fresh mixed vegetables or seitan in the fridge. However, I encourage making your wheat gluten protein with vegetables you love and have at your disposal. Cooking the brown rice factored, the entire how-to-cook Liberian fried rice process comes together in just under an hour.
Related: Popular Peanut Butter Marinade for Roasted King Oyster Mushrooms
Homemade Liberian Fried Rice
As the photo shows, this plateful of Liberian fried rice is a sturdy, mouthwatering mix of corn, carrots, peas, and haricots verts (green beans). I really love its rich, contrasting colors! It is rich with fried brown rice and veggies. Alternatively, I can serve it with vegetable salad, collard greens side dish, and sweet fried plantains.
This colorful dish is deliciously sweet, thanks to the vegetables, spicy, and appropriately salty. I love how firm the vegetables are. In fact, I love corn so I used a lot of it. So, check out another version I made of the wheat gluten protein (Seitan) fried rice using other vegetables and plant proteins which give options to other quick nutritious meals.
This recipe is simple, a tad sweet, tender, and savory. As you see in the picture below, Kamut and Quinoa ancient grains provide high amounts of nutrients and fiber that pair well with the mix vegetables. The brussels sprouts have a fantastic, firm taste after cooking well. Given that raw brussels sprouts are bitter, I cook them at a high temperature. This makes them tender, with a caramelized flavor and satisfying texture. It makes one of my favorite veg side dishes. The carrots are cut into small manageable sizes and mixed with green peas to make a delicious plant based plate. For a better result, I recommend precooking your brown rice a day before. This allows the rice to better absorb the sauce.
Did you enjoy this? well, I gaze you did 😉 We have lots of these sweet and delicious West African dishes recipes in your reach. Be sure to try each one out and let us know your favorite.
Related: Best Plant base Jollof Rice Recipe
Liberian Fry Rice
This quick-service African fried rice is undoubtedly ahead of take-out fried rice. It is sweet, spicy, salty and I love how firm the vegetables are. Liberian Fried Rice- African food the Vegetarian way.
- 26oz Cooked Brown Rice (chilled)
- 16oz frozen mix vegetables
- 2 TBS soysauce
- 1 Onion Dice fine
- 1 vege cube
- 8 oz seitan protein
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4tsp salt & black pepper
- half habanero (OPTIONAL)
- On a wide non-stick cooking pan, heat 1/3 a cup of avocado oil on medium heat.
- Saute 1 onion diced and 1/2 habanero diced (optional) for about 3 minutes.
- Add 16 oz frozen mix vegetables and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt on it. Stir to combine and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, some black pepper and mix them in.
- Add 26 oz cooked brown rice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 Vege cube, and 3 oz seitan protein. Stir to combine.
- Fry your Seitan fried rice on high heat for 5-10 minutes as you keep stirring.
- Serve it nice and warm or keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy Ooo 🙂
- For a perfect Liberian fried rice, use pre-cooked chilled brown rice.
- To make your African fried rice, feel free to add any stir-fry vegetable you enjoy to suit your taste buds.
- Avoid overcooking your vegetables for a nice crispy feel.