A heavy, savory breakfast is the way to power-up for an active day in Africa. A sure way of brightening the day is to start with this savory breakfast. Better yet, building healthy habits is easy if it is a tasty riche and good vegetarian breakfast. One of those winners I know of is bella mushrooms recipe to creamy stuffed mushrooms with exotic potatoes, yellow and purple sweet potatoes (also called Ube). In this article, I’ll show you how to make purple sweet potato fries in the oven.
Creamy stuffed bella mushrooms
I have come to cherish this bella mushrooms recipe because they make great appetizers. In particular, I just adore its classic mushroom flavor, and the creamy filling aspect. This purple sweet potato fries with mushrooms is especially appealing to me because there is no wastage: we use the mushroom stems as part of the creamy stuffed mushroom recipe. In fact, the edible mushroom stems are responsible for a truly gratifying texture. Not to take away from other mushroom recipes, but this one makes for a perfect protein-riche meal similar to enticing Ethiopian Yekik Alicha dish.
I understand some of you might shy away from attempting to prepare bella mushrooms recipe, and some refuse to eat mushrooms. Some people contend that making a mushroom taste good can be challenging. Today, you’ll learn how to achieve a good vegetarian breakfast through this purple sweet potato fries. Your savory breakfast will surely become a reality if you are prepared to do some chopping and quick sautéing; it’s a labor of love, and time flies before you say kuku jumuku (you don’t know if you are not in it). Guilty as charged, sautéed things like this sautéed collard greens form part of my building healthy habits.
Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast
Creamy stuffed mushroom recipes are not only fun and easy to make, but also nutritious and healthy. This purple sweet potato fries simply calls for mixing sautéed mushroom stems with non-dairy alternative, spices and herbs. Thereafter, stuff the mixture into mushroom caps and bake them in the oven until they become golden on top; our detailed video and recipe card below will show you how. Vegetables such as tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms pack great savory flavor that makes meals satisfying. Indeed, purple sweet potatoes fries make for a great source of beta-carotene and antioxidants that help boost the immune system and reduce inflammation. It is wise that you incorporate bella mushrooms recipe with exotic potatoes into building healthy habits routine.
To get the best tasting result, I would recommend using baby bella mushrooms (cremini) or white button mushrooms. These tiny mushroom caps are perfect for preparing a truly good vegetarian breakfast of bella mushrooms recipe. While they taste the same as ordinary mushrooms, these mushrooms give a more earthy (mild mushroom) flavor that is ideal for a savory breakfast.
There is no one Purple sweet potato recipe
Yes I hear it, sweet potatoes and mushrooms sounds like an abnormal combination right? Truth is, fried sweet potatoes and mushrooms make a delicious combination. It makes a remarkably tasty vegetarian side dish. If you desire a dish low in carbs, just use fewer sweet potatoes and more mushrooms.
Boil, fry, steam or roast it; it is that simple. Here’s the gist with these two types of sweet potatoes. The yellowish sweet potatoes have a mild and refreshing sweetness with an underlying buttery taste. Speaking of things buttery, check out this yummy buttery noodles with soy protein and kale recipe. The purple sweet potatoes are not so sweet but taste just right which makes you eat more to try to detect subtle fleeting sweetness. No one asked me, but I’ll say it anyway, the orange sweet potatoes can be too sweet which could be due to the fact that they are playing yanga with our food with GMO wahala! Bottom line, you will love white and purple sweet potatoes because it is just right and totally filling. So a combo of creamy stuffed mushroom with exotic potatoes is just something out of this world! Purple sweet potatoes are packed with carbohydrates that help sharpen your focus and provide fuel for muscle work.
Related: Tofu Scramble with Seared Tomatoes
Bella mushrooms and mush-y stuff
At this point, it is only right that I let you in on a pro-tip in dealing with the watery nature that mushrooms tend to have. Typically, mushrooms release some liquid during cooking. Do not let that ruin your otherwise good vegetarian breakfast. Solve this wateriness issue by simply transferring your bella mushrooms recipe to a serving platter and allow it to cool, and some of the water will pool as it cools. That way, all the moisture will remain in the pan, leaving you with a truly savory breakfast to brighten your day ahead, thus allowing you to maintain building healthy habits.
Thoughts about this odd pairing of creamy mushrooms and sweet potatoes fries? What wacky food pairings do you do that tastes amazing? Have you created and tasted this creamy stuffed mushroom with exotic potatoes recipe? Feel free to tell me about your experience in the comments below. Also, don’t hesitate to check out other interesting plant-based recipes and subscribe to our free newsletter for more. Want to hear from you. What type of stuffing should I put in another savory mushroom recipe next time; say, spinach and peppers stuffed into mushrooms? Comment below. Curious about a no-animal-meat food lifestyle? Peep instagram to see what I eat live😊.
- 8 oz. Mushrooms (baby bella or button mushrooms)
- 2 MED size Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 chopped Onion (used for spinach mixture and potatoes)
- 1/3 cup plus a bit more Spinach
- Thyme (OPTIONAL)
- VEGAN Artisan cheese
- Some breadcrumbs
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
To start, Peel and cut one yellow sweet potato and one Japan white potato into squares and put them in a bowl. Pour boiling water in the bowl and let potatoes soak for at least 8 minutes. This process blanche it or partially cooks it.
- Drain the water and add one teaspoon of salt to the potatoes. Sprinkle some black pepper and thyme over the potatoes. Add a few pieces of diced onions and toss.
- Heat three tablespoons of grapeseed oil (recommend Avocado oil) in a pan on a medium-high flame.
- Add spiced potatoes and stir fry for around 8 minutes. While frying in shallow oil, you want the outside of the potatoes to be golden brown. Then, bake potatoes at 405° for 15 minutes.
- After that, remove your potatoes from the oven and set aside in a bowl to be served later.
PREPARE MUSHROOM FILLING
- Now, to prepare filling for the mushrooms. Rinse your store-bought mushrooms. Carefully separate the mushroom head from the stalk. Only chop up the mushrooms stalk NOT the head, we need the mushrooms head to stuff the filling into.
- Put chopped mushroom stalks and diced onions in a bowl. Add one-third cup of frozen spinach to the mushroom bowl and mix well. Frozen spinach works best instead of freshly chopped spinach.
- Now ,in the same frying pan, with the leftover oil, on low heat sauté the mushroom and spinach mixture. There’s no need to add more oil. We only need to soften the mixture a bit.
- Add some black pepper and thyme. Stir fry until soft. After that, take the mixture out of the pan.
- Add panko breadcrumbs to the fried mixture. This is optional. Next, add vegan cream cheese, some black pepper and parsley to the mixture, and combine everything.
STUFF & BAKE THE MUSHROOMS
- Next, stuff the mushroom heads with the creamy mixture.
- In a baking plate/pan, drizzle some oil and spread it evenly with your hands.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on it. Bake mushrooms at 405°F for 10-20 minutes. After that, allow it to cool to allow excess water from mushrooms to drain.
- Serve hot and delicious creamy stuffed mushrooms with roasted potatoes.
Are you ready to try something out of the ordinary, big and bold this time?
Don’t wait up. Go for it.
Rate it how much you like it!