After a hard day’s work, do you still want to spend hours cooking? If I were you, I’d say no, because it can sometimes be very discouraging. So what can you do under these circumstances to save time and make the family happy? Like me, you should consider easy dishes, that is, one pot meals. For this reason, I invite you to discover in this guide: my garlic butter noodles recipe or Ancient Grains Stir Fry High Plant Protein, the best vegetarian pasta recipes, as well as high protein vegetarian meals. Finally, keep in mind that these are quick nutritious meals to feed everyone at home in minutes. So read on.
Tasting and feeling the aftermath is believing
The inspiration to create this dish came from remembering the meat version. I thought to myself “why not do the same with soy?” Let’s just say, it is a new favorite especially for weekly meal-preps. As you may know, most home-made meals taste better the next day. That is IF you can hold-off from eating it until the next day. I couldn’t wait and I dug in, but the next day this garlic butter noodles flavor got better.
I think the buttery noodles and salty soy-sausage paired with kale is a worthwhile combo to experience because it tastes so good! As you may know my food journey, I embrace vegetarianism and plant-based lifestyle purposefully. Plus, the kale holds up much better than spinach would’ve but you be the judge and let me know in the comments which vegetable you used. As rich in carbs as pasta is, I felt light like a feather after eating this meal. I recommend real butter because it adds the nutty buttery taste we love and real butter add good fat to one’s nutritional balance.
Lazy foodies love one pot meal
Do you know why lazy foodies prefer quick nutritious meals? Well, it is because the advantages of these dishes are too many. Not only are these dishes delicious, but they are also convenient, quick and economical. Moreover, they are real allies when you lack time or motivation to cook. If you can’t try the garlic butter noodles recipe, you can make do with the sautéed green collard or this easy veggie fried rice which is simply a quick and very delicious meal.
Quick nutritious meals
Despite the ease and convenience of home meal delivery options, cooking is a much more popular activity. This is actually a good thing, as cooking at home gives you more control over the ingredients used in your meals. But if you’re often lazy to spend hours in the kitchen, it’s best to opt for a one pot meal. This recipe for spicy tofu fried rice, for example, is not only quick but also very nutritious. You can add spices, crunchy vegetables, or any other blend to make the best vegetarian pasta recipes to get the delicious dish you prefer.
High protein vegetarian meals
To consume enough protein as a plant-based person, you need to eat enough and have a varied diet, including legumes, grains and oils and seeds. In fact, many top athletes opt for an alternative eating lifestyle. Proteins are present in all plants and especially in legumes, oils, seeds and all cereals. So it’s easy to create endless tasty, energy-packed dishes with these foods. Want to try some protein-packed vegetarian dishes? Check out four leading vegetables that are packed with protein here.
Finally, do you know of any other recipes for garlic butter noodles recipe or other high protein vegetarian meals? Feel free to share them with us in the comments. We’d love to hear from you. Also, stay tuned to learn more about our new publications by subscribing to our free newsletter.
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 oz soy sausage (storebought)
- 4 cups Kale
- 3 TBS Butter
- 4-5 TBSP water OR Broth
- Salt to taste
- To prepare this one-pot meal, begin with cooking your noodles according to the package instruction (ensure the noodles is not too soft, el dente). In a large pot or deep pan, pour in water about 2/3cup full. Bring it to a boil, and add salt and 16 oz spaghetti.
- After checking the spaghetti package for the recommended cooking time, make sure to stir occasionally to ensure they don't clump up (add a bit of oil to prevent clumping). When ready, Save 5 tablespoon of spaghetti water and drain the remaining water and set the cooked noodles/spaghetti aside for use later.
- For this garlic butter noodles recipe, soy sausage makes it one of the easiest high-protein vegetarian meals. We used store-bought sausage made with soy protein. To cook the sausages, heat oil in a wide pan.
- You want the oil hot, but not burning, medium heat. Place the pieces of soy sausage on the pan one by one. Using a long set of tongs, keep turning the sausages as they cook until they turn brown. Cooking time varies depending on their size, it can take about 10-15 minutes. When cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside. After the soy protein cools, chop it up based on the sizes you prefer.
- In the same pan, add butter. When fully melted, sauté 3 cloves of minced garlic on medium heat as you stir occasionally. Garlic not only adds flavor but makes this delicacy one of the best vegetarian pasta recipes.
- Gradually add 4 cups of chopped kales and stir to combine. The kale will cook enough but it should get too soft, should take about 2mins on medium heat.
- Then, add the cooked spaghetti and gently stir to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Add you sliced cooked soy sausages to this tasty and aromatic mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- To this, add 4-5 tablespoons of pasta water or broth.
- Lastly, flavor it with cooking wine to bring out the unique flavors of those specific ingredients in this dish. This will definitely be one of your quick nutritious meals after a tedious day.
- Serve it hot and enjoy ... it tastes better the next day 😋
- To cook your spaghetti, ensure your pan is large enough to prevent the spaghetti from clumping together as they cook.
- The garlic butter noodles recipe is a good idea for meal prepping. Prepare large portions and store them in a clean airtight container in the fridge. It keeps for up to 3 days.