Without knowing, we are taught to eat green, white, yellow or red foods to stay healthy. Do you know what foods are black? Have you thought about the goodness natural black foods can bring you? Stewed black beans and black rice, for example, are full of antioxidants that are essential to our health. I remember old people would talk about black wild rice benefits, they would lament about black rice nutrition data and why it is good for us. I didn’t listen at the time. Later on in life, I discovered the benefits of natural black foods are great for women. To top it off, we’ll give you the perfect recipe for cooking these superfoods at home. Be sure to subscribe to our free newsletter so you don’t miss new posts about yum yums.
Why is Black Rice Revered?
Black rice originates from Asia, precisely from China. In fact, there are several varieties, including Venere rice, Nerone rice and Camargue black rice.
In the past, during imperial China, it was called “emperor’s rice“. That’s right, elites save the best for themselves whereby some people are put-off by black color foods. Because of black rice nutrition data and its rarity, only the Emperor was privilege to eat it. Synonymous with longevity, black rice is indeed good for health, as it is rich in vitamins and fibre. Unlike white rice which is often bleached, black wild rice benefits are abundant. If you didn’t know, this is another example of what what foods are black.
The Benefits of Natural Black Foods
Rice is a herbaceous grain that has always been coveted for its high carbohydrate content and satiating properties. However, black wild rice benefits are even more numerous than those of conventional rice. Let’s find out why it’s the best rice for your health.
The blackish color can put off a number cooks, and only a limited group of our populous truly understand black rice nutrition data. However, its coloring indicates the presence of natural pigments that are beneficial to our health. Moreover, health professionals claim it is a gluten-free food, and therefore safe for people with celiac disease.
Black rice is rich in fibre, which makes it an excellent appetite suppressant, doctors say. In addition to creating a feeling of satiety, it facilitates digestion and improves intestinal transit, according to health professionals. Just like our Gambian peanut butter stew, this food has plenty of nutritional virtues.
We rave about how carbohydrates offer great benefits so it is no surprise why we love the many benefits of black foods, especially black rice, a source of complex carbohydrates and a good source of super starch. It is an excellent source of energy, allowing us to feed our bodies sustainably. Can you name what foods are black?
Why Black Beans Should be in Your Pantry
In fact, natural black foods like black beans ensure good blood pressure maintenance, promote heart and bone health. In addition, it stabilize blood sugar in diabetics, according to health professionals. Add stewed black beans to your soup, rice or salad for a filling and nutritious meal. According to health professionals, here are more reasons to sprinkle black beans into your eating routine:
- It lowers cholesterol
Is your cholesterol level too high? Then eat stewed black beans like, lol. This will help reduce your bad cholesterol levels. Indeed, these dried beans are rich in phytosterols and saponins, which lower blood cholesterol. Personally speaking, I felt great after eating this stew black beans.
- It is rich in magnesium
Black beans are a good source of magnesium, a mineral known to be a natural stress reliever. In addition, magnesium is involved in muscle contraction, including that of the heart. It also promotes the proper mineralization of your bones and ensures a functional immune system. During my moon-time, I only eat natural black foods which helps greatly.
- Black foods: good source of antioxidants
To age well, it is important to eat foods rich in antioxidants. Indeed, these have a preventive role on certain diseases, experts say.
- Stewed black beans provides vege proteins
Are you a vegetarian looking for a good source of vegetable protein? Than try black beans stew or pinto beans stew? Both of these dishes are a good source of plant-based protein. Only one of the amino acids, methionine, is present in very small quantities. Would you say you have three or more items to name what foods are black?
What a delicious mystical pantry raid this was❤️. I enjoy how the flavors are earthy and cilantro brings it together nicely. This recipe is not for the fainthearted so be bold and live. Have you raid your pantry lately? What did you create? Tell me in the comments.
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter to make sure you don’t miss the next one. Curious about a no-animal-meat food lifestyle, peep instagram to see what I eat live😊.
More Humble Vege Recipes:
What Can You Do With Burnt Rice?
Benefits of Zoborodo and Karkade Drink
Natural Black Foods Give Nourishing Results
Enjoy the rich earthy flavor of stewed black beans served over black rice and topped up with cilantro. A tasty and nutritiously packed dish.
- Black Beans (~1/3cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4tsp Cumin
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/4tsp Oregano
- 1.5 TBSP Salsa
- quarter Onion
- half tsp ginger
- 2 TBSP Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Cup Black Rice (aka Wild Rice)
- Cilantro or Parsley Garnish
- To cook black rice, add 1 cup of rice to a rice cooker and pour water to cover the rice completely. Allow it to cook.
- Check to see that the grains are open. If not, then they are still raw. Add more water and cook for about 5 more minutes and they'll be ready.
- To cook stewed black beans, place 1/3 a cup of black beans in a bowl and pour water to cover them completely.
- Allow them to soak for about 30 minutes to 1hour. Soak overnight if they are raw OR you can use canned black beans.
- Drain out the water and put the black beans in a clean cooking pot. Pour water to cover the beans then cover the pot with a lid and bring it to boil on MED-HI heat. Make sure it doesn't boil over. Remove any foam.
- Remove the cover and allow it to simmer on medium heat for about 1 hour or until they are soft. Add more water as needed, always ensuring the beans are covered with water.
- To check if ready, press with a fork or taste to see if they're plump and tender.
- Add 1 Vege cube and stir it in. Allow the cooking liquid to reduce into a thick consistency then drain the cooked black beans into a bowl.
- In a clean cooking pot, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is warm enough, add 2 garlic cloves and cook until brown.
- Add a quarter onion diced and half a teaspoon of ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes as you stir.
- Add 1 and a 1/2 tablespoon of salsa and stir to mix.
- Cook for about 3 minutes then add the pre-cooked black beans, 1 cup of water, some black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, cumin, and oregano. Stir the mixture to blend.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes. The consistency will have thickened.
- Serve your stewed black beans over black rice and cilantro. Enjoy the amazing flavors of black foods as your body benefits too👌
- Black rice tends to be very starchy therefore, you are encouraged to rinse it thoroughly before cooking.
- Don't' have a rice cooker? You can cook your black rice on a stove top. Place a cooking pot on the stove, add black rice and pour in water to cover the rice. Allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes on medium heat until ready.
- Fresh dried black beans take longer to cook so soak it overnight.