Let me introduce one of our exciting food recipes to you; the most delicious, filling, and freshly balanced lentils salad. This summer, refresh yourself with our filling salad recipes, healthy snacking meal ideas, wholesome plant based recipes, and quick nutritious meals. We’ve got you covered! And who wouldn’t fall for a crunchy salad when it offers a fair dose of nutrients with deliciousness?
Of course, every health conscious person with a high taste would dote on it.
We know most families prefer quick nutritious meals and rightly so. When you can prepare a delightful meal within minutes, why stress for hours in the kitchen?
Like most adults, you too love to be liberated from cooking burnout. And there’s nothing wrong with that. We all deserve our ‘me-time’ every now and then.
So, in today’s post, I have shown how easily and quickly you can prepare a yummy and nourishing lentils salad in the West African way. But before going there, enlighten yourself with some interesting facts about this crunchy salad.
Some fabulous facts about lentils salad
Lentils salad does taste good. That’s a sure thing. The reason lies in the lentils’ aptness of balance. Lentils can absorb flavors rapidly. More so, they can marvelously pair with almost all sorts of veggies, greens, and spices; to add color you could select any one of the top 4 vegetables used in Benin recipes. Hence, lentils salad tastes perfectly balanced and fresh. Additionally, lentils give a sensation of fullness. Therefore, a simple salad with a handful of lentils makes a filling, hearty, and quick nutritious meal on its own.
Lentils improve heart health, digestion and satiety, fight fatigue and reduce the risk of gestational diabetes, health experts say. In addition, they inhibit the growth of microorganisms that cause intestinal diseases, thus preventing constipation. Lentils are also one of the key sources of protein, wohoooo! Health experts may recommend such fast and nutritious meals like this lentil salad and the popular tofu pasta you cannot resist.
Not only will you find this crunchy salad the yummiest you’ve ever had. But with just about 10 to 15 minutes of preparation time, you’ll have your lentils salad ready for serving. Once you become fond of it, try our other filling salad recipes like this BLT pasta salad and browse for some healthy snacking meal ideas.
You can always add your personal touch to such wholesome plant based recipes. And this is what makes it all too fantastic. The end result is healthy, mouthwatering plant salad that you can munch on every week.
Refreshing lentils salad for beginners
Plant based beginners can set about their journey of a wholesome lifestyle with our easy and filling salad recipes. Not only are they very economical meals, but they also save time. Also, they are perfect for beginners because the cook time is very short and one only has to cut vegetables or fruits if you are feeling fancy.
Add or subtract any veggie you like to this crunchy salad recipe. Personalize them according to your taste and culinary desires. Transform all your wholesome plant based recipes your way and let them get the best of you.
Now, whenever you feel like making a tempting vegetarian dish, turn to this recipe or our BLT Pasta Salad with plant bacon. Lentils salad is one of the best healthy snacking meal ideas. It’s a light, tasty and satisfying meal, ideal for everyone. Oh of course you will be satiated since it has enough carbs and as you know, carbs are good for you.
Combined with tomatoes, onion, some spices, and parsley, lentils salad gives a very flavorful and refreshing taste. To be more creative, you can also combine your crunchy salad with buttery noodles.
This is truly one of the best filling crunchy salad you need. Watch our video below and make your own satisfying lentil salad. I have to ask, which one of you added fruits to this salad? Comment below, would love to hear from you.
Looking for more healthy snacking meal ideas? Subscribe to our free newsletter so you don’t miss out on our next recipes.
- 1.5 Cup Lentils (BOIL with Half Tsp Salt until soft)
- 1 Cucumber Seedless
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 TBS lime Juice OR Half Lemon Juice
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cook at least one and a half cup of lentils with half a teaspoon of salt. You can size up your lentils according to your servings. Cook until lentils are soft, but still a little firm. Do not overcook them. Drain the remaining water and keep cooked lentils aside.
- Take one bunch of cilantro and finely chop them.
- Put cooked lentils in a bowl and add chopped cilantro to it.
- Add sliced cucumber and sliced red bell pepper to the bowl. I have used seedless cucumber for this recipe to prevent causing more water in the salad.
- Add one tablespoon of lime juice. You can add more as per your liking.
- Add nearly three tablespoons of olive oil. Olive oil doesn’t only yield nutritional value, but it also gives aroma, flavor, and a shiny texture to your salad dressing.
- Drizzle around one-fourth tablespoon of salt. Feel free to add more or less to taste.
- With the help of a spoon, assemble everything well so all the flavors and ingredients can meld.
- Serve immediately and enjoy. This delicious, soulful salad can be your lunch or brunch companion. Or you can simply munch this crunchy salad as your free time snack.
You can add more veggies you like or have on hand. Make it your next
go-to quick nutritious meal.
Do you know other exciting filling salad recipes?
Do share with us!