A savory honey mustard pasta salad is a quick fix for all the busy ones. If you are a fan of recipes with firm tofu, easy one pot meal that’s also no meat pasta, and you want other quick nutritious meals, which I hope you do, this healthy mushroom pasta recipe will soon be your favorite.
This mushroom tofu pasta with honey mustard turned out as one of the fun, easy plant-based recipes you can ever attempt. We got chewy, sautéed Shiitake mushrooms with dense pasta in the end. I toss the mushroom and pasta in shallow oil and created a simmered creamy sauce and sweeten the whole thing with honey mustard! I like this plant-based recipe a whole lot because it’s so nutritious and fast to cook.
It comes together within minutes, tastes so yummy, and does not have many ingredients. Honey mustard pasta salad with mushrooms and tofu is uniquely a versatile dish. You can enjoy this super-satisfying and enriching meal as your dinner as well as brunch.
How this healthy meal came about
Honestly, to be successful at living a near wholesome plant-based lifestyle, it is about strategy, flexibility and being open minded. One of the strategies I use when needed is store-bought sauce. Another strategy I use is to eat ALL leftovers and empty all jars that have food before going grocery shopping. I had this honey mustard leftover from thanksgiving and decided to use it in something. Also, I had some leftover raw pasta and the rest is this yumminess. This easy one pot meal is sheer deliciousness.
Related: How To Transform Store-Bought Sauce
Tofu adds protein and texture goodness, mushrooms beautifully boost a meaty texture, and pasta offers the right dosage of carbs to keep you going. And, of course, healthy fats and the lovely flavor of creamy honey mustard sauce complete the dish sensationally. Let it overwhelm you.
Now, discover what healthy perks the main ingredients from recipes with firm tofu can give your body.
Mushroom honey mustard pasta salad nutrition
Mushrooms are brimmed with powerful antioxidants. Unlike other plant-derived foods, mushrooms contain more minerals, iron, copper, potassium, B vitamins, and phosphorus. All help promote red blood cell development. Health experts say, mushrooms keep you young, maintain your heart health, protect your brain, lift your mood, and boost memory. Hence, a healthy mushroom pasta recipe is surely a hearty treat.
A vegetarian-friendly and nutrient-packed no meat pasta should be on your plate now and then, especially if you need ideas to use honey mustard. And it’s not because it’s sweet, soft and a terrific absorber of flavors. Additionally, it is loaded with plant-based protein, mood-boosting magnesium, and bone-strengthening calcium. It also possesses minerals like zinc that helps keep the immune system in check.
Pasta is a grain-made gourmet. To name a few nutrients present in pasta are, vitamin B1, vitamin B9, carbohydrates, and selenium. Researchers say, they help prevent heart attacks and stroke, assist brain functioning, boost healthy hair, and enhance appetite and glowing skin.
Honey, rich in antioxidants, is a healthy substitute for sugar. While mustard is a plant-based seed, it aids in lowering blood sugar and protecting from some infectious diseases, says health practitioners.
So, this healthy mushroom pasta recipe is in everyone’s interest.
Mushroom tofu pasta – When in a pinch
Some quick nutritious meals are bona fide rescuers, like this no meat pasta meal. Tight schedules, tight budgets, yet still longing for scrumptious meals? We all have been there so subscribe to our free newsletter for more creative and savvy recipes.
Give 25 minutes and you’re done with this easy one pot meal. Save your energy when time’s running out. Cook quick nutritious meals that are easy and viable.
Plus, you’ve got to have something up your sleeve whenever you’d like to whip-up a delicious meal, this could be one of them. Similarly, let this inspire you to finish your almost empty jar sauces to create something edible. recipes with firm tofu such as tofu pesto pasta, BLT pasta with plant bacon, or buttery noodles with kale are delightful meal preps or easy fast food at home. Hence, this mushroom honey mustard pasta salad.
To all those who crave for vegetarian comfort food in a hurry. Another no meat pasta for the win! This mushroom tofu pasta with honey mustard should be your trump card.
Try it out and tell us how it has worked for you. Comment below and name some things you’ve created out of leftovers. Remember to subscribe to our free newsletter to be notified. Curious about a no-animal-meat food lifestyle? Peep instagram to see what I eat live😊.
- 1/4cup Cooking Wine (optional)
- Over 1 Cup Egg Noodles
- 2.4oz Shitake Mushroom
- 1/8 yellow Onion (this is half of a quarter onion)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil
- Half of one block Fried Tofu
- 1.25 cups Vege Broth
- 1tsp Rice Flour (thickener)
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/4tsp Paprika
- 1/4tsp Thyme
- 1/2tsp Oregano
- 1/8th Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2-3TBSP Honey Dijon Mustard
- Parsley (Optional)
- On low-medium flame, eat three tablespoons of frying oil (avocado) in a cooking pan.
- Add two cloves of chopped garlic and half a quarter of chopped onion to the pan. Sauté onions until translucent and garlic until fragrant.
- Add shitake mushrooms and stir fry for a few minutes until mushrooms seem soft.
- Then, add salt, thyme, oregano, and paprika. Stir well to combine. Reduce the flame to low at this stage.
- Add one-fourth cup of cooking wine. Simmer until the wine sauce reduces to half.
- Add one and a quarter cup of vegetable broth and one cup of egg noodles. Cook on medium-low flame.
- Cook everything uncovered for at least 20 minutes.
- Now add half a pound of fried tofu. Cook for a few minutes more. Stir occasionally.
- Turn down the heat to low. Add one teaspoon of the rice flour mixture to thicken it up and stir it gently to coat everything.
- Add 2.5 Tablespoon of honey mustard to complement a creamy, sweet, and savory taste to the pasta.
- Once the tofu and noodles are fully coated in honey mustard sauce and other spices, top them with some fresh parsley if you like. highly recommended.
- You can also sprinkle some red pepper flakes over your pasta to enhance piquancy and tanginess.
- Enjoy the mouth-watering honey mustard tofu pasta with mushrooms.
Though it's simple to cook, it’s not just any pasta dish. It’s oh-so special and extremely enjoyable. Perfect for all the food fanatics who prefer speed in the kitchen.
If you’re in search of a rich, creamy, and comforting dish for your dinner tonight, have a crack at it. It’s worth your while.
What do you say?