Calling all those who love to eat savory vegetarian breakfast foods from sunrise to sunset. Tofu spinach stir fry or breakfast Tofu Scramble or lazy foodie delight, all gives the right carbs and good vibes needed to start the day. Before joining the plant-based lifestyle, I used to eat hash brown scramble a lot. You will know why once you try this recipe. As you may have guessed by the portions I make, I cook in preparation for the week ahead. Some call it meal prep, I call it “fast food that’s made at home”. Ideal for a lazy healthy dinner; another one pot meal ideas. Making it a hobby to cook ahead gives me peace of mind to lounge around guilt-free. Plus, I don’t like cooking every meal, every day. No thanks.
This breakfast tofu scramble recipe is one of my favorites. Perhaps because of its flavorful taste or its nutritious benefits (which are many like it’s a source of powerful antioxidants, plant protein, vitamins, and iron, which supports the blood sugar and heart health). Or maybe, for both of those reasons. Of other one pot meal ideas, this soon to be popular savory vegetarian breakfast, really tugs at my heartstring. Ever since I have noshed this scramble, I find it hard to resist it. It makes a classic breakfast, a comfort bowl of lunch, a quick dinner, and whatever. Eat it any time of the day.
Related: Plant Based Meat Alternatives
Being a vegetarian doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice tasty foods and flavors. Both a healthy and satisfying meal, hash brown scramble gives you double doses of deliciousness and top nutrients. Enjoy the best of both worlds.
Breakfast Tofu Scramble – ideal foodie treat
Our savory vegetarian breakfast tofu scramble recipe is everything a lazy foodie would gloat over. As simple as it sounds, just add hash browns, tofu, spinach, stir fry for a while, season it with some piquant spices of your choice, and hoorah! You get a perfect, healthy, hearty brunch.
Life is enjoyable with one pot meal ideas. Call it tofu spinach stir fry, hash brown scramble, or simply spinach hash browns with tofu, in short, this is a must-try recipe.
Every foodie wishes these things
Do you know what is an all-time wish of every foodie who becomes a cook? To cook a palatable hearty dish within minutes. After all, who likes to spend too much time cooking, especially in the morning? Firstly, you will get it cooked in as little as 20 minutes. Secondly, it’s a light dish with wholesome veggies. Finally, it is a savory, hefty, spiced just right, and a filling meal.
Yep, our savory vegetarian breakfast tofu scramble recipe ticks all the boxes. If this is your vibe too, you will want to check this finger-licking Tofu Red Sauce Curry-lazy fast food,
Eccentric cooks love tofu scramble the most
Apart from eating tofu in salads or putting it in veggie rolls, there’s more to it. What I’ve been loving about tofu recently is that, I can mix and match it with whatever ingredient, and it keeps me satisfied all day long. Judging by the weird combos from the pictures above, I’m a edgy or crazed foodie.
In this version, Kale, sautéed onions was mixed together for a hearty savory vegetarian breakfast. Not a fan of kale? Choosing from other one pot meal ideas out here, round of this spinach hash browns meal with a crispy, whole grain toast or bagel if you like. In any way, this breakfast tofu scramble recipe makes a scrumptious weekend brunch, so dazzle your friends or family.
Leave a comment below or tag us in your cooked veggie scramble picture on Instagram. We love seeing your dishes. What’s your favorite leafy greens you cannot get enough of?
- 20 oz bag Hash Browns
- 1 Block Tofu
- 1 bowl Frozen spinach
- Quarter Onion dice
- 2 green Onion dice
- 2.5-4 TBSP Butter (Real Butter)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt & Pepper as desire
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over a medium-high flame.
- Add a quarter of diced onions, stir fry for about a minute, until soft.
- Add a 20-ounce bag of hash browns, stir occasionally, until lightly browned. I used frozen store-bought hash browns. It does not need to thaw out completely.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt and stir to combine.
- You can add more butter occasionally to prevent the contents from sticking on the bottom. Cook on MED-HI heat to get a good searing on the potatoes.
- Add black pepper as per your desired taste and cook for a while till hash browns becomes golden brown color.
- Taste for salt and flavors. If satisfied, take out the cooked hash browns and put it in a separate bowl.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add 2 diced green onions, stir fry until translucent and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, take out 1 block of tofu from the package. Use cotton cloth or paper-towel to pat-dry the excess water. Put tofu in a bowl and proceed to crumble it with your fingers. Make sure the entire block of tofu is crumbled, no large chunks.
- Add the drained crumbled tofu to the onion mixture in the pan. Add a quarter (1/4) teaspoon of salt, 2 to 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, and stir well to combine everything.
- Cook on high heat for about 4-6 minutes. Taste for flavor. If satisfied, create some space in the pan for spinach by scooping aside the tofu mixture.
- In the same pan on MED- HI Heat, add frozen spinach and pour over the spinach around 1 teaspoon of oil. Season the spinach by adding some salt, green onions, and sauté spinach till wilted.
- Stir to combine the tofu and spinach and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot tofu spinach stir fry with cooked hash browns.
DISCLAIMER- The yield or portion deriving from this meal is based on how heavy or light you eat.
This tofu hash brown scramble is just what you need to kick-start your day.
One last thing, tofu spinach stir fry is one of the loveliest plant-based dishes that suit everyone’s liking. This is why I am sure this tofu scramble recipe would hearten your palate too. Just like it does mine. Every time.
Believe me, you would like to make our tofu scramble recipe again and again!
Besides, don’t you find this tofu hash brown scramble quite easy and quick to cook? It's the best lazy person comfort food. Share your version with us on INSTA- tag us @humveg