Have you ever wanted to travel without actually leaving your home? Today we are taking a virtual trip to beautiful Morocco. To experience amazing, easy Moroccan recipes. Moroccan Ras el Hanout recipe is a unique North African food. It is excellent in flavoring many different dishes. You can try it with your best plant-based food to experience it in a new way. Healthy spicy recipes like this are versatile and worth trying. Read on to find out why!
Easy Moroccan recipes
Morocco is famous for its rich cuisine and spices. Some popular ones used are saffron, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. Their food has a balance of sweet and savory, even in their healthy spices recipes. Moroccan Ras el Hanout recipe is one of them. This is why Morocco has some of the most popular North African food recipes.
Healthy spicy recipes
Not only is this Moroccan Ras el Hanout recipe tasty, but it also has some health benefits. For example, it includes cardamom, which is native to India. Indians make this tasty spice from seed pods. Cardamom brings a sweet and savory flavor to our Moroccan Ras el Hanout mushrooms. Research shows that it may help reduce blood pressure. This is because of its antioxidant properties. Moreover, many cultures use cardamom to fight bad breath. This is owing to its bacteria-fighting abilities.
Furthermore, this delightful recipe also uses ground cloves. You can use whole cloves as they are in curries, etc. Just take them out like you would bay leaves. Cloves are the dried flowers of the clove tree (this is the best plant-based food after all). Studies have found that one of its many benefits is providing beta-carotene. Cloves not only provide rich, brown color. But it also brings in antioxidants and provitamins. An example is vitamin A, which is essential for eye health. Cloves are also said to improve liver function, thanks to their eugenol. Eugenol is an oily liquid extracted from some essential oils.
Spoiler alert, cloves are there too!
Best plant-based food
This spice mix tastes nothing like Berbere. It is very unique and tastes just as amazing as berbere. The meaty mushrooms soaked up the flavor beautifully. You might also taste smoky, sweet, and nutty flavors. Moroccan Ras el Hanout mushrooms are easy and quick to make. We used king oyster mushrooms. Which, according to studies, are fat and cholesterol free. Mushrooms are delicious, and great for plant-based food lovers. And there are many different ways to cook them! For example, we have these peanut butter king oyster mushrooms. We love mushrooms. And we never get tired of these mushroom-based healthy spicy recipes.
Ready to discover a North African flavor?
As mentioned before, you can use this Moroccan Ras el Hanout recipe in different dishes. Don’t limit yourself. Let food warm your heart and help you experience other cultures and flavors without needing to spend too much money. Easy Moroccan recipes are here waiting for you. And when you’re done, you can share this recipe and warm up a loved one’s heart.
Serving suggestion: try the Moroccan Ras el Hanout mushrooms with some rice.
- Half teaspoon coriander seeds ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 270g King Oyster mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Avocado oil
- Grind half a teaspoon of coriander seeds using a mortar and pestle. Place in a separate small bowl once ground.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of each of the following to the same bowl that contains the coriander: cardamom; salt; onion powder; black pepper; ground cloves; ground cumin; ground paprika; ground cayenne pepper; ground allspice; ground cinnamon; ground turmeric; sugar.
- Separate 270g of King Oyster mushrooms and place them in a large bowl (separate into desired size).
- Gently mix your spices together and sprinkle them all over the mushrooms and mix this in well by hand.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of avocado oil over the mushrooms and mix in by hand.
- Once mixed in, place mushrooms in a large open pan.
- Place the pan in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, this north african food will be ready and should be served while hot.
As one of the healthy spicy recipes, this north african food will have you scrambling back for more. Perfect for those who have time constraints as it only takes ten minutes in the oven!
Please be sure to leave a comment and share pictures of how your mushrooms turn out on our social media @humveg.