Do you have to eat salad? Ideally, yes 🤭. And you have nothing to worry about because a salad can also hit the spot. For example, this protein-packed healthy lettuce wraps recipe will intrigue your palate. However, with the booming plant-based food trends, it’ll be nice to understand what we mean. So, first things first. A salad is one amidst a variety of whole food plant-based recipes but not a type of food. The mix of perfectly complementary ingredients that go into the salad recipe is what makes it necessary for a healthy lifestyle. But who said salads have to be boring? There are plenty of healthy, colorful, and deliciously filling salad recipes to try out. If you’re a salad lover (or upcoming), lettuce have fun creating this salad boat noodles with peanut sauce recipe.
I love to order fresh spring rolls when we visit restaurants and I got the idea to make this dish. My people this is easy assembly work and I believe this recipe will be a constant on my list.
Healthy Edible Salad Boat: Fun to Make and Eat
Hands up if you make the same salad every time you eat a salad 😉. Don’t be shy, we’re not judging. With the rising plant-based food trends, we all are trying to jump into the healthy-eating bandwagon.
Notably, filling salad recipes is a perfect way to pack in plenty of produce, load on lots of flavors, and feel seriously full when you’re done. Moreover, if you like feeling satisfied but not heavy after a meal, our healthy lettuce wraps recipe will do the trick. And by the way, through my healthy eating journey, I’ve learned to simply listen to my body.
Supposing you’re new to cooking in a tiny kitchen with no fancy equipment, let alone a knife and chopping board. But would still rather eat a self-cooked whole food plant-based recipe. Well, our noodles with peanut sauce recipe might sort you out. Plus, we have more plant-based recipes you can check out.
Simply prepare the ingredients as shown in the instruction video and use your hands to build this edible boat. Bear in mind that filling salad recipes need to be protein-packed so they don’t leave your stomach grumbling a few minutes after dining. Furthermore, a vegetarian protein on a salad is way much easier than thawing and cooking meat.
Fresh, Crisp, and Full of Life
While we all genuinely want to eat simple and healthier meals, salads might not be appealing. But, this healthy lettuce wraps recipe will have you craving more. It is simple to prepare and bursts with flavors.
First, lettuce is a perfect vessel for our noodles with peanut sauce recipe. We used iceberg lettuce. In addition to its crunchy refreshing feel and neutral taste, research shows that its nutrients can help you meet the standard daily requirements for several vitamins and minerals.
Then, we added cucumbers, cilantro, and basil. Besides their water and fiber content, experts say that the nutrients present in cucumbers may help with vision, immune system, and reproduction. Also, sometimes referred to as herbs, experts advise that cilantro and basil have numerous beneficial properties for health, healing, and nutrition.
Finally, as one of the filling salad recipes, we ensured we did not miss out on healthy proteins and carbs. Tasty marinated tofu and rice vermicelli noodles covered that important aspect. And as a rule of thumb, don’t forget the dressing. We topped our whole food plant-based recipe with a creamy peanut sauce.
Overall, you can create a healthy, colorful, and delicious bowl of salad from scratch. We’ve shown you how so you’re not left out of the healthy plant-based food trends. You gotta try it. Please share your experience in the comments section. And a picture too.
Enjoy it and if you don’t like cilantro, we don’t think there is anything wrong with you and we like you all the same.
Filling Healthy lettuce wraps recipe
This healthy lettuce wraps recipe is fun and easy to build the filling noodle boats, and the whole process does not take too much time at all.
With easily accessible ingredients, this recipe tops the plant based food trends with little effort, ensuring that it delivers a healthy; filling and delicious vegetarian meal. The peanut sauce is rich in flavor, and the creaminess of the sauce really soaks into the tofu and the noodles. The freshness of the iceberg lettuce, cilantro and basil combined with the tofu, noodles and peanut sauce makes this dish an absolute hit!
Filling noodles boat is a great option to have on a lovely summer day, leaving you satisfied, energized and refreshed!
- 2 TBSP Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Block Tofu
- Rice Vinegar (OR White Vinegar)
- 1.5 Creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Broth (OR Water)
- Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cilantro bunch
- Thai basil
- Crushed peppers (optional)
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce; 2 tablespoons rice vinegar; 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter; and ⅓ cup vegetable broth in a shallow bowl and mix well
- Slice the block of tofu into desired pieces and place in the tofu marinade. Let it sit overnight or 20mins.
- Place a pan on the stove top at medium heat and add 1.5 tablespoons of oil.
- Place the tofu slices into the pan, gently pour the excess marinade into the pan and cook as desired. Once cooked, place the tofu to one side and leave to rest.
- Put the rice vermicelli noodles in a glass bowl.
- Bring a pot to the boil and once boiled, pour hot water over the noodles and leave for 5 to 7 minutes. Thereafter, strain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Next, we make the peanut sauce for the noodles boat. In a small bowl, measure 1 teaspoon of peanut butter; 1.5 teaspoon hoisin sauce; desired amount of rice vinegar; and 2 teaspoons of water.(Spice is optional) Mix well.
- Then, we build an edible noodles boat. Place a washed iceberg lettuce leaf on a large plate and this will be the base of your boat.
- On top of this, place some cilantro leaves and Thai basil leaves. Then, add the sliced cucumbers onto the boat, followed by a few pieces of tofu.
- Next, add some noodles to the boat, and drizzle some of the peanut sauce onto the noodles.
- Now, your edible boat is complete, and ready to eat!
This whole food plant based recipe is nutritious, filling and flavorful and has such a refreshing feel to it.
Be sure to try this asian inspired Plant-based dish, and let us know how it goes by taking some pictures and sharing with us on our social media @humveg.